February is reading month at arrowhead!
Arrowhead Students and Teachers love to read every day, but during the month of February, we but plan activities to make reading even more special. Here's a sneak peek at some of what is planned:
- Our whole school (PK - 5th grade) will be participating in the One School, One Book initiative for the 2nd year in a row. With funds from last year's book fair, we were able to purchase a copy of A Boy Called Bat for every faculty/staff member. We will all be reading the same chapters on the same days in the hopes that it will unify our school community with a common "thread" and create opportunities for conversations, not only within our classrooms, but also on the bus, around the building, and even at the dinner table with siblings and parents.
- Family Literacy Night - Feb. 11
- Arrowhead Library Annual Bookmark Contest
- Grades K - 1 will enjoy a visit from Via Goode, Storyteller
- Grades 2 - 5 will enjoy a visit from Myron Campbell, Author of The Adventures of Melvin Walker series